by Alicia Rittenhouse, aliciarittenhouse.com
When it comes to doing business online, there is a great need for technical skills. You may feel like you have to hire help with marketing, web design or communications. Without knowing exactly what to search for, it is challenging to find the right resources. However, with technology at your fingertips you can actually play all three roles.
Imagine being able to update your own website without learning how to be a coder because that is not what you are good at. Imagine being able to gain more exposure and visibility for your business using social tools. Also, imagine getting your business press coverage on local, national and international levels.
This is possible with technology! Learning technology will give you the edge that is needed in today’s market. The need for tech-savvy entrepreneurs is growing. It is essential to have the skills to send out a newsletter, maintain your website and market yourself on social media.
Successful business owners know that they need to focus on the ongoing marketing and buzz that is needed to attract new customers.
Here are a few ways your technical skills make a marketing impact:
- Online Payments – To be profitable, there must be a way to get paid. This could include setting up products, connecting payment buttons and customizing a shopping cart.
- Email Marketing – This is the most effective way to market because it works! There are many email marketing services out there. They allow you to build a relationship with your prospects and support sales. You need to know how to integrate and segment using your email service.
- Product Launches – It is not enough to put up an offering on a website and expect it to sell. Launches are what bring in the money. They create sales along with visibility and credibility.
- Productivity – The more you learn, the better you manage your time and the more you can handle. Project management tools are very useful as your business grows and the need for clear communication increases.
- WordPress – Be your webmaster. Turn your website into a powerhouse using WordPress! Google loves WordPress and there is a growing number of websites using it as their platform.
- Social Media – Everyone is doing it and it is not going anywhere.
Embrace technology by learning the skills needed for success online! Technology makes everything possible.
Tech Cheerleader + Digital Diva
As the “Empress of Online Empires,” she’s has a talent for breaking down digital mysteries into simple steps even non-geeks can master. Ali is on a mission: to activate a new generation of tech-powered trailblazers–women who bust stereotypes, break glass ceilings, build six-figure empires from their living room sofas, and show the world who’s boss. Geek Out with Ali at aliciarittenhouse.com.